Star Trek Federation Rug
SUPPORT YOUR FEDERATION
A dream that became a reality and spread throughout the stars."
- Captain James T. Kirk, 2269
Here's some Federation history for you: The United Federation of Planets was a beautiful dream: founded by four species with the goal of sharing knowledge and resources for peace and space exploration. The federation eventually included over 150 members on 1000 planets. You don't have to be a Star Trek historian or a Starfleet officer to show support for your interstellar government; you can get this rug. It works nicely for the Star Trek fan in your life who's always having to be the diplomat. And if you have downstairs neighbors, it immediately improves your relations. See? It's already working.
Allow us to geek out a moment here. Interestingly, this is produced under a TNG license, but we're not sure TNG audiences ever see this. This version definitely existed during the right time period (both stardate and real world). We think the Office of the President seal is seen with the TOS cast in Star Trek VI (2293 / December 1991) and with the DS9 crew in "Homefront" (2372 / January 1996). (We mainly used Ex Astris Scientia's excellent The Evolution of the Federation Emblem to come to this conclusion if you need a rabbithole to fall down today.)
- Star Trek Federation Presidential Rug
- Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Next Generation merchandise
- A ThinkGeek exclusive
- For diplomats of all stripes who have to play nice with others
- Materials: 100% polyester pile
- Care Instructions: Clean spills immediately. Blot liquids with a dry absorbent white cloth or paper towel. Treat stains immediately using a proprietary cleaner or seek specialist advice.
- Dimensions: 48" diameter